Wednesday, June 07, 2017

Grandaddy's tractor

This is Grandaddy's tractor that he worked in his gardens with back in the 1970s.  He had several gardens, his most favorite thing was giving vegetables to his family.  I remember us always having bushels of potatoes in our basement, cans of green beans, peas, you name it, he grew it!  I suppose this was his first tractor and he loved it because after working all day at Sangamo, he was able to get much more accomplished.  It has been sitting in my parents barn for  20 years, unable to run.  Back in the fall, Bryan and Nate started taking it apart, making repairs and putting it back together.  February 24 was a big day, because it finally cranked!  I wish you could have seen the look on Nate's face, and I know Grandaddy was beaming down from heaven on his great grandson, who is a meticulous worker, just like he was.  













1 comment:

Denise Powell said...

This is still just the coolest thing!!