Tuesday, December 04, 2007

O Christmas Tree


Decorating the Christmas tree is a tradition I look forward to every year. Around mid-November I get the fever to go ahead and put it up. However, this year I made myself wait until after Thanksgiving to decorate. Oh the excitement when you unpack those decorations from last year. I just love the look in Nate & Henry's eyes when they open a box of ornaments and are in awe of their beauty. Nate especially appreciates beautiful decorations.

So finally you get the lights out and we all know what a pain they are. By the time I am stringing lights on the tree, Bryan and the boys are completely involved in another activity that is more exciting. Here is a picture of me trying to string lights. Scary, huh.

The boys did help put ornaments on the tree and each day I am delighted to see what may be added to the tree that wasn't there the day before. Last night we made one of those construction paper chains. It was on the tree, then strung around Nate's room and now I'm not sure where it is now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

More power to you for stringing the lights on the tree!!! I bought a pre-lit tree so I can actually enjoy the decorating without the frustration of stringing lights. Bryan should really be doing it for you though. You can tell him I said so too. :-) Merry Christmas!

christieconnatser said...

Joy, your big tree would surely make our small one look like Charlie Brown's!!! Oh, well....that's what happens when you rent small places to live :o)...I tried to get Zach and Joseph to help me decorate but Joseph was not interested at all and Zach only wanted the singing Santa and Snowman....now we have to fight with him over watching television or being entertained by him dancing and singing with our holiday "guests"....I left he storage box out in case I can sneak them back in there one day!