Friday, November 23, 2007

Aaaahhhhh!
Now, that is a great holiday! Thanksgiving. You don't have to worry about gifts, decorating or having a tan. Highlights of my holiday:]

Our friends Robin, JD & kids Trace & Tara drove hundreds of hours from Florida to spend the day with us. Oh what fun we had together!!

I made crock pot mac & cheese for Granny's house & accidentally used sweetened condensed milk instead of evaporated milk and it turned out like a dessert.

I made a new recipe called "oops I dropped it again - sweet potato pie cobbler" the recipe calls for a sweet potato pie cooked as directed, dropped (accidentally) on the floor and then smushed into a corning ware dish. Yum.

Needless to say, the food only plays part of a role in the celebration. However, my favorite Thanksgiving treat is mixing rice, dressing & turkey all together and then covering it with gravy.

Happy Thanksgiving. What Joy is thankful for:
My Salvation & my evolving relationship with Jesus
My wonderful family
My health
The beautiful place I live - isn't fall great??
Good Food!

1 comment:

Edwin said...

Joy,

Thanks for the link to your blog. Your comments, and the pictures of your boys, remind me of when mine were that age. It's funny, the dichotomy. You want them to be healthy and normal and grow up, and yet you want them to stay little forever.

I can tell you're a very cool mom. Good 'boy moms' are rare, so keep up the good work. Have you had the unique delight of stepping bare-foot on pointy Legos in the middle of the dark night and screaming?

Enjoy!

Merry Christmas!

Ed Leap