Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Marlowe's visit

Luke & I had the pleasure of taking care of Marlowe today for a few hours. She was just adorable!
When you really know for sure that you're never going to have another baby (which I do), when your own baby is already 2 years old, there is something so beautiful about caring for your next of kin.
While Luke was napping, I rocked Marlowe on my back porch. She talked to me a little bit, fussed at me a little bit, I even got sugar from her neck! Sweet!

Makes you realize how fast they grow up. Makes you realize that all those days you worried about their schedule, all those times you worried that if you gave in they'd be spoiled forever- don't matter so much anymore.
Makes you look back and wish that you'd went ahead and crawled into their beds at bedtime when they wanted you to, ate a little more ice cream together, forget about brushing their teeth just that one night and enjoyed your baby while he was still a baby.
It might seem slow while you're living it, but before you know it he will be in second grade missing several teeth and you wish you could just kiss his neck, one more time.

No comments: