Monday, March 29, 2010

Food Inc.

Bryan and I watched a great movie Saturday night. Food, Inc. and it was so very interesting. If you would like to watch it, ask me. I just ordered my own copy from amazon. And I'll be glad to let you borrow it. So, it's inspired me to really pay attention to what I'm feeding my family, especially when it comes to meat. Just made this yummy organic veggie chili and thought I'd share the recipe:

Three-Bean Veggie Chili
In a big pot using 1 tablespoon olive oil, cook 1 chopped onion, 2 chopped cloves garlic. Cook 3 minutes.
Add 1 chopped zucchini and 1 chopped red bell pepper. Cook 5 minutes.
Add 3 tablespoons chili powder, 1 can fire-roasted diced tomatoes (14.5oz), 1 can tomato sauce (8oz.), 1/4 cup ketchup, and 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano. Cook 8 minutes.
Drain, rinse and add beans: 1 can black beans, 1 can small white beans (I used cannellini), 1 can dark red kidney beans. Cook 3 minutes. Serve with grated cheese. YUM!
I'm enjoying my second bowl as I type.
Per cup 203 calories, 4 grams fat, 11 grams protein, 12 grams fiber & 0 cholesterol

2 comments:

Denise Powell said...

Yum.e. :)

Christie said...

loved this movie, have you eaten at Chipotle yet?, very good!
C.