Monday, February 22, 2010

Updates!

Well, I've been making promises to update you on so many things and I haven't so here goes!

Thyroid stuff is fine. I'm not feeling like I'm losing my mind anymore than usual! Go for bloodwork in a few weeks, and another ultrasound in a couple of months. So far so good!

Jacob's visit was great! My boys always have big plans for playdates. They talk about how their friend will do this & that with them, then when their friend gets here, they're like any other child when they encounter lots of different toys & they want to go from one thing to another. So, Jacob enjoyed checking out all our stuff & Henry ended up playing Mario with Nate on the Wii. But, Jacob had a great time & wants to visit again.

The snow was just perfect in my opnion. Plenty for sledding, snowmen & cancelling all plans for the day, but melting by the next day, making way for highs in the 60's by the end of the week. I just love South Carolina weather, 4 beautiful seasons to experience.

We did survive our sick weekend. The stomach virus still has Nate a little droopy. However, Nate & Luke had great well visits at the doctor today & they were in perfect health! Luke is pushing 26 pounds and Nate has finally hit 45 pounds. Dr. Bean was especially impressed when Nate told him his favorite foods were onions & babyback ribs. I am so thankful for my precious boys and all their different personalities, appetites & body types. Sometimes I just stare at them in complete amazement. How different 3 sons can be. And how fast they are growing up. When I can't get them to stop hugging me at night, I think to myself that in 10 years I'll be wishing they'd just give me one hug as they head out the door.
Right now Bryan and I are lying in bed with Luke snoring between us. Just like the 2 before him, he will be on the other side of the house before we know it. Our precious babies are babies for such a short time. I pray that I don't wish away a minute of it.

2 comments:

Caroline George said...

Joy, this is a beautiful post. And I pray for the same things daily. Love to you Bryan and all those boys!

christieconnatser said...

Glad ya'll are feeling better...hope you have a full recovery soon! Maybe we will get to see you in a couple of weeks :o)