Wednesday, July 16, 2008

It can all go downhill fast...

Well today I had another ultrasound and passed out while she was doing it. I usually only faint when I donate blood, but I had been laying there (on my back) for a couple of minutes and I knew it was about to happen. I started sweating & got clammy and my ears were ringing. Luckily a Coke & cold towel were all it took to help me recover quickly. To add to the fun, my blood pressure is high. I have been on blood pressure meds for a few years (I know it's early to have to do that, but high bp runs in my family) and so far have had good bp during this pregnancy, but now it's going up. Great. To add to the stress, my doctor wants to do the c-section the very day Nate starts kindergarten. Which means I will be in the hospital half the first week of school. What happened to going into labor & not having any say so in the process?

3 comments:

christieconnatser said...

Hey, Joy! I know it is stressful but you are almost to the finish line....try not to stress because that doesn't help your bp! I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Keep your chin up :o) Love ya, Christie

RhoDunk said...

Joy, maybe you will still go into labor naturally and the C-section can be performed early. Take care of yourself. We'll be praying for you!!!

Love ya,

Rhonda

Caroline George said...

Joy ... we'll be thinking about you and checking you in our prayers! You're almost there!