Thursday, February 21, 2008

Top 10 Reasons Not to Exercise While Pregnant

I loved these from Girlfriend's Guide & thought I'd share:

10. You will get fatter anyway.

9. Exercising will not make labor & delivery easier. The uterus is a difficult muscle to train in a gym.

8. Gravity is hard enough on your voluptuous breasts and butt when you're standing still, let alone when you're hopping up and down in an aerobics class.

7. It's not good for the baby or you to get overheated, it starts to feel like a hard-boiled egg.

6. Your ligaments are looser, and you can twist your knees or ankles with one wobbly movement.

5. Your body is working full-tilt manufacturing a human being; don't distract it with low impact cardio weight class.

4. You might endanger the pregnancy. Even if you don't, if a problem appears at any time during gestation, you will always wonder if it was that squat machine that caused it.

3. Our compulsion to exercise when we are pregnant is a reflection of our inability to surrender and let nature run its course. Let the subscriptions to your fashion magazines lapse till further notice.

2. You are too tired.

1. Do you really need an excuse?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

#8 is my favorite!! Too funny!!!

christieconnatser said...

I love that book...I read it when I was pregnant with Zach! I will have to stick with number one since I am not pregnant and I just got a treadmill :o)!

christieconnatser said...

OOPS! I meant when I was pregnant with Joseph!

Anonymous said...

I would just like to say that Rachel off of "Friends" reads this same book when she is pregnant. I just noticed it the other night. Got to love that show!