Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Wesleyan District Conference

I have had the honor of being a delegate to our church's district conference for the past few years. This is a meeting at Table Rock that lasts all day with representatives from all the Wesleyan churches nearby. They vote on issues & people that will make decisions in the coming year. I am likely a delegate because no one else really gets that excited about going, who likes to spend 9 hours sitting at a table voting & listening to reports, but that's fine with me. I like it. The first year I went I remember my Papa calling me that night wanting to know all the details of what went on at the meeting. It was something very important to him, because it involved our church. He has since passed away, but I hope that I will make him proud by continuing to be involved in the Wesleyan church. Welcome church was so important to him and it is now so important to me.

2 comments:

Dustin Wilson said...

I am glad that it is important to you. I think more people need your enthusiasm. I really liked your personality test. It was very interesting. I hope I don't gain 20 plus pounds that would be bad.

DW

Anonymous said...

Joy-It is good that you are getting involved - we are the future of the church and we need to help lead! Heather