Sunday, March 27, 2016

California day 2

I'm It was another beautiful day in San Francisco. We had a 10 o'clock ferry reservation to go to Alcatraz.
Today was Easter Sunday and I think it is the first Easter I ever experienced not going to church. I just didn't feel right.
We slept for 10 hours last night and woke up with just enough time to get to our boat ride. I guess in the back of my head I thought we would wake up extra early and attend a church service.
Because the school district insist on attaching spring break to Easter we made the most of it and had a great day!
Nate and Henry doing their very best Cliff pose!
Alcatraz did not disappoint. I have had the pleasure of touring it several times and I think today's tour was the best. The audio tour is an award-winning tour inmates
It was so interesting to hear the history of this amazing rock. It has not only been to prison but a for deer in the Civil War and a podium for the Indians to voice their rights on in the 60s.
It is also a national Park and is a home for many birds and rare plants.
We hung out on Alcatraz until well after lunch. We really felt like we saw at all and then we headed back to San Francisco for lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe.
Then we walked down to Pier 39 to see the sea lions. Back in the old days of Delta this is where the Alcatraz tour is left from.
Fisherman's wharf is such a neat area of San Francisco. Here is a one-man band playing in the street.
We ended our Easter Sunday with Nate's request. A ride on the cable car. After a very long wait to we ride the cable car down to Union Square.
We are thankful to be able to celebrate the resurrection no matter where we are. Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Powell Drivel said...

Looks like a great time! Glad you all are having a blast.