Monday, October 06, 2014

Breakfast and tailgates

















Breakfast is out of control here at the Duncan household.  In my quest to help Nate gain weight, I am willing to cook anything (everything).  I've been cooking bacon daily for quite some time.  I like to cook it in the microwave.  Well, Nate has decided he only likes it cooked in the iron skillet. 

Henry and Luke (of course) still want it cooked in the microwave
And this was the weekend breakfast choice (thank to Uncle Grandpa) Bacon Pancakes!
Saturday morning fun
3:30 games are my favorite and this Saturday's weather was perfect!  High of 69, a little chilly when the sun went down.  Griffin got to go with us! So much fun!
Tara stopped by with Lawson.  She was so sweet!
And Bryan's high school friend Luke Haymond stopped by. 
Boys playing ball on the hill
Don't panic!! Griffin is just joking to take a picture for his mom!
Sometimes I think they love game day so much simply because they get away with drinking sodas!
So many fun things to do before kickoff!

Free sunglasses! YES!
So glad Sandy brought miniature corn hole!
As we were about halfway to church Sunday morning, Bryan looks at me and says, "my phone! I think I left it on the hood of the car!"  I say, "well turn around and let's go look for it!" So we turned around and then we heard (and felt) "crunch!' The boys said, "Dad, I think we found your phone." and we sure did.  completely crushed in the road.  Bryan handled it well, considering we just got it in August.  I reminded him that we didn't have a wreck and no one was hurt.  But, it still hurt.
The annual Maxie-Powell reunion was Sunday.  Here is Brent helping Preacher Barnwell give the blessing. 
Nate enjoying his second piece  of apple pie, thank you Julie-ann!  He loved it and had another piece tonight.  I'll let you borrow my pie dish any day if it means I get it returned full of pie!

No comments: