Thursday, May 02, 2013

Goodbye Lynx

We had to say goodbye today to our sweet cat Lynx. James and Stacie sent her to live with us in August 2009 and we have enjoyed her so much. She started acting different a few days ago...not wandering into the woods like she usually does and eating a tiny bit all day long. I go down to feed the cats every morning around 6 and this was the first morning ever she wasn't waiting on me. I took her to the vet to find out she had feline AIDS. Dr stroud said she may have had it her whole life and it was just catching up with her. He recommended putting her to sleep. It broke our hearts, but seeing her suffer was worse. For the past 2 years she had become good friends with Sam and Carly and shed enjoyed a cozy bed outside our basement door. I saw a sign on the vets wall that said 'all the animals you loved will be waiting for you at heavens gate' and we surely loved you, sweet Lynx.



3 comments:

Powell Drivel said...

I'm teary-eyed looking at this. Lynx was such a sweet cat and we were so glad that you all welcomed her into your family and loved and cared for her so well. Thanks for posting this, Joy. I know you and the boys will miss her

Denise Powell said...

Sooooo sorry for you guys. Animals are such big parts of the family. Thinking of you guys...

shanhop said...

:'( You know this animal lover gets sad reading this. It also makes me happy that your heart is growing bigger for you fur-family. Good pets truly become part of the family. My boys LOVE our pets (even pain-in-the-butt-Dane-Chief). I think loving animals brings something special out in children...and adults. So....when are you gonna go for the inside, hypo-allergenic pup JB? I have to warn you though...you'll love it. =)