Thursday, March 31, 2011

Ripple of One

Today I started what may be a new adventure. My good friend, Stephanie has founded an organization called Ripple of One. (be sure to visit her website at www.rippleofone.org ) I have decided to help out some so I am going to be working with a precious girl (mid-20s) with 4 children who has lost her job and has no family. I spent the afternoon with her and was overwhelmed with her situation. I don't know how she has the strength to get out of bed in the mornings. While I want to just take her and her kids home with me & take care of them, that's not the way ripple works. I have to help her learn how to get back on her feet: emotionally, financially, spiritually, physically (she's skin & bones). Sounds like a lot, but this group helps me help her every step of the way. Please keep her and her kids in your prayers and me too that I'll lead her in the right direction, and hopefully help her find Jesus in the process.

3 comments:

Powell Drivel said...

Sounds like a wonderful thing you are doing. I will keep you all in my prayers.

Denise Powell said...

Praying for you all, Joy!

christieconnatser said...

What an awesome adventure! Will keep all of you in my prayers...please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help your group!