Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Scene of the Crime


Henry had his buddy Walton over for the morning while Nate was at robotics. They had a nice morning playing and then settled down to watch a little Sponge Bob while Luke napped. Little did I know they were concocting a plan: a plan to escape! One minute, they were sitting in the living room, the next, they were gone! For the first 10 minutes or so, I called outside, looked all through the house, including basement, bonus room, went around the house a few times. Then I started getting worried. Luke was still asleep in his crib, so I grabbed my cell phone in case I needed to call 911. After a few more stressful minutes I noticed that their scooters were gone. So I sprinted across the street to Walton's house (where no one was home) and found them inside playing. They said that snuck out because they knew I wouldn't let them go if I knew, which was exactly right considering Luke was asleep and no one was home at Elizabeth's house. Henry is grounded for 40 years and Walton is in trouble too.
I didn't know I'd have to worry about my children sneaking out at such an early age!

1 comment:

Denise Powell said...

Oh noooooooooo! So glad they were ok!!!