Thursday, September 18, 2008

O so sad...

My heart is breaking this week. For the last few years I have been busy being a Mom. My days were filled with diapers, bottles, preschool, sippie cups, car seats, cooking/cleaning up meals, bathtime, and watching Noggin together. All of a sudden, I have been hit hard with what happens when your babies grow up.
Monday I dropped Nate off at school at 7:45. After school he had Mad Science Club until 4:00. We had a PTO meeting scheduled for 6:30. That leaves what, 2 1/2 hours for our family to be together? Needless to say, I skipped the PTO meeting. What has happened to our family time? I want to see my boys build a fort together in the living room, I want to let them play in the bathtub until the water gets cold. I am not ready for this busy life of running from one scheduled activity to another. I like downtime at home. Unfortunately, I know that this is going to be the way it is. Before I know it, they will be asking to participate in other sports and activities.
Everyone tells you that your children grow up fast, but I never realized just how right they were. I am so thankful for every moment that I have spent with my boys. I am even thankful for those days when I was longing for more adult interaction, when I was bored, thinking that I had only talked to a 2 & 4 year old all day.

No comments: