Saturday, June 07, 2008

Goodbye home, Hello beach



We're off to the beach tomorrow for a relaxing vacation (I hope). Just thought I'd share some pictures of the last week. Here are the boys enjoying their first taxi ride in Atlanta last weekend. They loved it because there were no car seats, although it probably would have been a good idea considering we were on I-85 in Friday afternoon traffic. I did have a successful trip to Ikea, in fact, Bryan dropped me off and he and the boys went to the Georgia Aquarium while I got to spend about 5 hours shopping. It wasn't too long, in fact, I could have stayed longer.

And here are the boys checking out their heavenly bed. It wasn't heavenly to me, I was up most of the night. Unfortunately, I have hit the "miserable" stage a little early this time considering I have 2 months to go. I am huge. Large maternity shirts are tight. It's very discouraging, especially when complete strangers tell me that I look "ready to pop" and "it must be twins." Then, when I tell them that I'm due in August, they look at me in disbelief, like- how much bigger can one get?
I will try to remember what a gift children are and this will pass. I just have a lot of work to do after the baby is here. Have a great week!

1 comment:

christieconnatser said...

Hey, Joy! Hope you all have a great time at the beach! We are heading to the beach, too, but Cocoa Beach, FL instead of Myrtle! Can't wait....I really need a tan :o)