Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Golf


Today was the first day of the summer golf program.  Nate has participated for 3 years, Henry for 2 years. Luke and I walked them to the sign up table where Coach Magnus said to Luke , "are you playing?"
I replied for Luke," no, he's not old enough. he will be here next year."
"You need to play this year." She replied
" he's not old enough" I repeated
" I think he is" she (lady in charge of everything) says
" no, he's really not " I said " he's my baby, he's only 5"
" you need to let him try" she says "I think he'd love it."
Luke looks up at me beaming. 
"You're not old enough." I tell him. 
She steers us around the corner where they fit him with golf shoes, no charge. 
I say " those don't fit you. Your feet are too little" 
"Mom, they fit perfect" he says
I have no reply
"Well, just try it today. If you like it, you can do it." I say "but if you don't, you don't have to do it. This is just a trial."

He was over the moon when I picked him up. 2 1/2 hours of golf! I'm sure next week will be different and he will hate it and want to hang with me. 



2 comments:

Denise Powell said...

Go Luke, Go!

Mandy said...

Sandy told me about this and I"m so excited for him!!!! I so wish my parents started me playing golf! next Jonathan Byrd!!!! Go LUKE!