Sunday, July 15, 2012

When all else fails, resort to bribery

Sweet little Luke...he is one tough cookie when it comes to going to the potty. I won't go into great detail here but basically he wants to be the first human who never goes #2. He doesn't want to stop what he's doing long enough to go. I haven't worried too much about it really, he's #3 and by that point you have the philosophy of 'this too shall pass' and I'm sure he will be a super pooper by the time he hits middle school. But I thought, bribery worked great with Nate and Henry when I wanted them to sleep in their bed all night so maybe it will work here. No charts with stickers or stars, I want immediate gratification. So I have gift wrapped a dozen cheap gifts and every day, if Luke poops in the potty, he can choose a prize. we shall see.....

2 comments:

Powell Drivel said...

That sounds like a pretty good idea. I may be trying it on Marlowe someday. She's not a fan of the potty either.

Denise Powell said...

You can do it, Luke! Kennedy Space Center, Miralax, Enemas, and a Chiropractor is all it took for Silas to do it-- lol ( I can laugh about it now, not then).