Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The last week before school!







What a fun week we've had! Big birthday weekend, Bryan's and Mama's on the 8th, Martha's on the 9th. We had lots to celebrate. Then a last minute trip to Gatlinburg with Granny, Nana and Uncle Brent. Now we're gearing up for the first day of school on Monday! So with all these exciting stories to tell, I really just want to share a few cute parenting tips I recently found:




1. Put Band-Aids on everything your kids want you to. Why not?


2. Just throw away the poopy underwear!


3. Answer this question: What's the worst thing that can happen if your kids sleep in their clothes?


4. Teach them to like cool music, Why suffer through The Wiggles when you could be enjoying Wilco or Barenaked Ladies!


5. Use duvet covers and forget about the top sheets. Your kids will thank you when they're learning to make the bed.


6. Teach them to pump on the swings ASAP.


7. If your child falls asleep occasionally without brushing her teeth, don't wake her; baby teeth do eventually fall out.


Thought these were great and I'm gonna remember them, especially #7.

Good luck going back to school!

1 comment:

christieconnatser said...

Hey, Joy! I meant to tell you when you first posted this that I absolutely agree with all 7!! Especially about the music! I think I have encouraged mine too much in this area because some things they want to listen to, I cannot stand!! lol (like 80's Guns-n-Roses and Poison)