Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Very Special Day for Luke!


Today was Luke's baby dedication at church. This was a special day not only for Luke, but also for me & Bryan, Nate & Henry and all of Luke's family.
A dedication is different than a christening. We present Luke to the Lord and ask for wisdom and guidance while we raise him. We also pray that one day he will committ his life to Jesus. The rest of the family and our friends promise to help us raise Luke to be a Godly man. Our Pastor did a wonderful job and the service was so touching. He even wrote a letter to Luke, to be opened on his 12th birthday. Wow, I hope I can make it 12 years without peeking inside! You know how curious I am.
I hope Luke knows how much he is loved, not only by his immediate family, but he is loved by so many more.

1 comment:

christieconnatser said...

What a special day! I remember making that committment with both my boys! I'm glad the God really is the One in charge!