Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Settling into 3

Life here at the Duncan house has been pretty crazy lately. Blogging is very high on my list of priorities, and as you see, I am not getting to blog very much. These boys are crazy. I know it's not gonna get any easier, but I am expecting to get better at handling this chaos. Halloween was lowkey with a little trick or treating in the neighborhood. We were in bed just after 8. Outage at Duke Power means Bryan is at work most all the time. Nate & Henry are pulling out all the stops when it comes to trying to surprise me. I never know what I might find when I walk in the room. But, I keep reminding myself that one day, when I'm old & can sleep all I want and long for company, I will say to Bryan, "Bryan, you remember that day that the boys drew all over their faces with permanent marker? They drew moustaches & beards and even ear hair. Now wasn't that funny. Those were the good ole' days, right Bryan. Boy, I sure do wish I could go back & do it all again."

Maybe I will say that one day, maybe I won't. Maybe I'll just be enjoying the peace & quiet.

1 comment:

christieconnatser said...

I know EXACTLY what you mean, and just a couple of days ago Zach came in with pink cheeks, hands and legs from his creative streak with a magic marker!!