Monday, March 31, 2008

The big day!

Well the big day has finally arrived - the anatomy scan. And it was without a doubt a beautiful baby boy! He looked more active than Nate or Henry did which is a little scary. There was one problem with the umbilical cord, a normal cord should have 3 vessels (2 arteries & 1 vein) My baby's cord has only 2 vessels (1 artery and 1 vein). I will go on Wednesday for an advanced ultrasound that will tell us if there are any complications from this such as birth defects, heart or kidney problems or any growth problems. From what Bryan and I researched, this happens in about 2% of pregnancies with most of them turning out fine. So please be praying for my baby on Wednesday that the ultrasound will show a beautifully healthy baby. Such a reminder to me that children are a precious gift from God.
So, 3 busy boys - whew! I am tired just thinking about it, but I couldn't be any happier!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joy- I'll be praying for you all on Wednesday. What do Nate & Henry think about a baby brother? Well, God knows what He's doing and what you need! :)
Love, Heather

Hannah Wilson said...

Hey Joy!
I am so excited for you guys... another boy! I know you are thrilled, overwhelmed, and feeling totally blessed...I know I would be! We will definitley be praying for you guys that everything will turn out fine on Wednesday. God's holding this precious little one in his hands and he knows what he's doing! Love you ~ Hannah

Anonymous said...

Very exciting! You may need a bigger house for all of those boys. Keep us posted on your results. You are in my prayers.

Love,Christie L.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Joy! I know you are excited. Keep me posted about your test on Wednesday. I am back on strict bedrest now. My last test came back positive so there is a 30% chance that I could go into labor in the next few weeks. I am on meds every 5 hours now and I go back on Fri. Keep us in your prayers as well.

christieconnatser said...

Hey, Joy! I know you are excited...and don't worry, God really is in control and will do what is best for you and your family...and,just think, you can save a ton of money on cloths by passing them down the line! :o).
Love Ya, Christie

Matt Smith said...

Hey Joy! Three boys!! Wow. We're thrilled for you guys. Trusting God's hand is on all these kids we're all expecting. Keep us posted.