Sunday, June 04, 2006

Myrtle Beach Days

Ahhh, returning from a week long vacation in Myrtle Beach. The most fun I've had in years believe it or not! I think I actually relaxed a little. Let's see... last year, Henry was an infant, the year before, I was pregnant. The year before Nate was a baby and the year before, I was pregnant. So, this year, I wasn't pregnant, Henry and Nate were old enough to play together on the beach & Bryan and I enjoyed being a family with our boys.
I am just realizing how uptight I have been since Nate was born. I have been way too protective & constantly worry about "potential" dangers & accidents. I can always envision the worst case scenario & panic that one of my boys may become dinner for a shark or be struck by lightening during a storm.
So I (along with Zoloft) am trying to relax a little and stop worrying about what might happen. I am also trying to turn all these little things over to the Lord, who I know is in control of all the sharks, can settle thunderstorms, and even calm me down when I am panicking about freakish accidents & unlikely sicknesses (like bird flu). Have you been worried about it too?

As the summer begins, I wish you all relaxing vacations with family & friends, lazy days at home with the one you love & great memories that you will cherish forever. I will try to enjoy this wonderful life God has blessed me with and quit stressing over all the little things.

No comments: